A few years back I started a challenge for WFRP players to create a onesheet adventure for Solstice. We did it a couple of times and after some time off I decided that the stars are right for another friendly competition.
In the old days WFRP was supposedly created as a “fantasy version of Call of Cthulhu”. I think this idea is still very good one and one we should follow in this challenge. Bring in the mysteries, cults and weird uncles. Raise up the dead ones and whisper threaded names in ancient libraries.
A present a challenge for all players and GMs alike. Create a onesheet akin the ones in official supplements and at the my download section.
The “rules” are as follows
- It has to do with either Winter Solstice, apocalyptic visions, aligned stars and/or end of the world.
- Tone down the fighting, increase the horror rating.
- Keep it system free, if possible (for editions to enjoy your work).
- Post your entry before 18th of December.
- At 19th of December I’ll open a poll for two days of voting. If I don’t remember to do this send me emails. Or call me. Or poke me at Facebook (Lauri Maijala) or something. I tend to forget thinds. The winner will be declared at 21th of Decembet (Finland time).
- No prices but fun adventures!
You might want to check out this guide (The Lazy Man’s Guide to Constructing a Call of Cthulhu Adventure).
Send your onesheet to me at doc_cthulhu (at) hotmail.com and I’ll host them here.
Don’t get too shy about this. If you have a good idea, post it. If you come up with something completely different, post it. Want to do it anynomously? Just do it! Main reason for this is to get a number of entries. I have already had to entries and didn’t even check if they meet the criteria.
As a final note: If you want to you can use my #mapvember challenge maps from my Guild’s IG feed. I can send you a larger, scanned file, should you need them.